A crash course in understanding and responding to Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
Despite impacting 1 in 4 women, Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs) continue to go unrecognized, undiagnosed, and untreated (although highly treatable).
You can change that. This course will teach you how.
This comprehensive, evidence-based training provides professionals working with pregnant and postpartum individuals with the tools to identify, assess, and respond to PMADs.
How does it works?
Understand the various types of PMADs, risk factors, and cultural considerations.
Provide better support.
Recognize the signs and how to assess perinatal distress.
Make a difference.
Confidently provide empathic support, education, and local resources to parents in need.
Your PMADs 101 Course Includes:
- Recorded Presentations from some of San Diego's top Perinatal Mental Health Clinicians
- 3 CEs for qualified Master and Doctoral level Mental Health Clinicians*
- A step-by-step guide on how to integrate assessing and responding to PMADs into your work with perinatal individuals
- Access to standardized screening tools used to identify PMADs
- PHA's response roadmaps to support you in your follow-up assessments/conversations and in confidently identifying the appropriate resources or referrals
- Additional downloadable resources, such as:
- PMADs Symptoms Cheat Sheet
- PMADs Risk Factors
- Cultural Sensitivity Checklist
- "Typical" Distress vs. PMADs Chart
- Treatment and Crisis Referrals/Resources (Local and National)
- The satisfaction that you are doing your part in the prevention and early intervention of PMADs and making a difference in the lives of the people you serve
BONUS: 100% of proceeds go towards supporting PHA- a local, volunteer-led non-profit dedicated to providing perinatal mental health awareness, education, and referrals to San Diego parents and providers
*The Postpartum Health Alliance is approved by the California Psychological Association to provide continuing professional education for psychologists. The Postpartum Health Alliance maintains responsibility for this program and its content. CLICK HERE to learn more about PHA's continuing education program
ATTENTION San Diego Perinatal Professionals and Businesses
PMADs 101 Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in Hosting a Live Training?
Do your part to ensure your staff is set up to better support perinatal individuals by teaching them how to recognize, understand, and respond* to Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs) within your clientele.
To request an in-person or live virtual, 3-hour PMADS 101 training, please complete the following form.
*Please note: This course does not does it cover medical or clinical treatment of PMADs.