Help us expand our blog library!
Are you a local perinatal professional? Do you have a blog post(s) or blog library you'd like us to publish? Are you interested in writing a blog post(s) on topics related to PMADs or mental health and wellness in the perinatal period?
PHA is seeking to expand our blog library and we would love your help!
The ideal blog post is:*
- Easy to read – Tries to make use of short paragraphs, sections, and lists to best help the reader comprehend new & potentially uncomfortable topics. (You do not have to rewrite/reformate old posts unless you want to).
- Thoughtful – Takes into account the potential vulnerability of the reader by avoiding statements/opinions that may leave the reader feeling judged, pressured, or inadequate.
- Educational – Purely informational. The goal of the blog is not to sell a specific service or promote a personal agenda/belief. Authors will be credited
- Empowering – Provides practical insight/tips that leave the reader feeling understood and hopeful.
(*If you’re not sure, please submit it anyway. We will vet each blog post and inform you of any changes/concerns before publishing.)
Please note: Writing a blog will help establish you as an expert in your field or on a topic, but they should not be used as a blatant marketing tool. We add your professional bio to every submission to ensure you are recognized as the author and to help those interested find you. Bio info will be collected when you submit your blog.
Blog topics of interest:
Below is a list of themes we’d love to see; however, we are open to your ideas and trust your creative direction. Whatever you want to share with us, we’d love to have it! Note: Each writer will put their own spin/voice into a blog; thus, numerous blogs on the same topic are encouraged!
General Information on PMADs
- Preventions Strategies
- Cultural Competency
- Systemic Problems/Access to care
- Stigma and resistance
- Tips on/what to look for when finding the ideal:
- Therapist/Psychiatrist/Doula/Childbirth Educator/Etc
- Screening tips and considerations
- Intake/assessment tips and considerations
- Specific therapy/intervention models + support
- Components of effective counseling
- Common goals and themes
- Couples therapy
- Additional training
Special Considerations & PMADs
- What to do when your struggling
- Birth Trauma
- Processing the Birth Experience
- What to look for in treatment
- Miscarriage and infant loss
- Subsequent Pregnancies + PMADs
- Post-Adoption Depression Syndrom (PADS)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic Violence
Specific/Diverse Populations + PMADs
- Hispanic/Black/Asian/Native American/Etc
- Military Families
- Immigrants & refugees
- Children and/or parents with disabilities
- Socio-economic disadvantages
- Abuse survivors
- Grandparent as caregivers
- Self- Compassion
- Social Support
- Exercise & Nutrition
- Self Care
- Effective emotional support
- Spirituality and faith support
- Social Media influence
- Information overload
- Sleep hygiene habit and infant sleep training
- Anxiety Reduction Techniques
- Communication techniques
- Unresolved childhood memories/trauma/patterns
- Mindfulness techniques
- Yoga/massage/acupuncture/chiropractic care
- Learning babies cue
- Temperament/ Goodness of Fit
- Attunement/responding to baby
- Attachment /bonding